Sunday, October 4, 2009

Atlantic Antic

With Melanie Hope Greenberg, author/ illustrator of Mermaids on Parade!


With Tammy Hall, storyteller, at the Atlantic Antic!

With the ladies of GUMBO (493 Atlantic Ave), after reading a few stories to the kids!


Reading Melanie Hope Greenberg's Mermaids on Parade!

What a day! And it's only 3p! I arrived at the Atlantic Antic a bit early to scope out the scene, and sample some of the delicious street fair food offerings. Have I mentioned that I LOVE STREET FAIR FOOD? At around 12:30p, a nice little crowd had gathered in front of GUMBO, lured in by the incredible talents of Tammy Hall, a local storyteller. I was up after Melanie, and I read first her fantastic book, Mermaids on Parade. I then read Two Bad Mice- one of my favorite tales from The Complete Tales of Beatrix Potter. I took a brief trip up and down the street fair, and though there was still lots to see and do, headed home (but not before picking up a cupcake and kettlecorn for Joe). I have an ominous pile of homework staring at me from across the room, so it's a good thing I got all my fun in earlier!