Friday, October 8, 2010

Block Institute's Brightest Star Awards!



Free on Sunday, October 24th from 3-5p? Then join myself, Miss Brooklyn 2009 contestant Diana Greene, Marina Montes- Miss Long Island USA, our own Miss NY- Claire Buffie and potentially a few other pageant pals as we celebrate the outstanding achievements of the semi-finalists in Block Institute's Brightest Star Awards! This is my second year of participation with this program, and I could not be more thrilled! Block Institute is an amazing organization in Brooklyn that serves adults and children with developmental disabilities. I was introduced to Block Institute when their Director of Special Projects and Nutrition Services, Todd Adelman, judged Miss Brooklyn 2009! I'm so honored to have since formed a strong and mutually beneficial partnership with them which includes implementing creative arts curriculum to their day programming and pre-school!

On 10/24, the 16 semi-finalists will become 10 finalists- one in each category of the competition. This year, I'm a preliminary judge and the mentor/ contestant liason! Since the competition is run similarly to a pageant, we'll be bringing in members of the pageant community to help coach and mentor the finalists for their self-presentation at the finals gala in January!

Check out my blogs from last year's Preliminary Awards and Finals Gala for more info!