Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer time, and the living is... Hectic? But in a good way!

With Miss Brooklyn's Outstanding Teen, Melanie, at the Miss Brooklyn Bowling Party!


With my trainer at the Miss Brooklyn Bowling Party!



Wow. It's truly hard to believe that there are only three short weeks until I leave for Miss NY! After being crowned Miss Brooklyn on February 22nd, I thought that March was my busiest month ever- in life! Until April happened, and then May, and now June...

On Sunday, the Miss Brooklyn Bowling Party took place at Melody Lanes in Sunset Park. It was so much fun to reconnect with some friends from Block Institute along with other sponsors, and I bowled two strikes! (This is a serious accomplishment... I'm fairly certain my high score is appx. 75...). We also enjoyed some delicious birthday cake (I turned 23 on 5/27)!

Earlier today, I spoke with Meredith Deliso from the Bay News about my preparations for Miss NY and my incredibly generous sponsors! Look for the interview in this Thursday's Bay News! I'll also be doing an interview/ photo shoot with the New York Post about fashion, beauty and pageant prep! Stay tuned!

I'd also like to give a shout out to the newest member of the Miss Brooklyn 2009 State Preparation Dream Team- Bensonhurst Dental, who'll be providing me with free whitening services before Miss NY!

On Wednesday, I'll be flying out to New Mexico for the Miss New Mexico Pageant! My good friend from college is Miss Santa Fe, and hopefully the next Miss NM!

When I return on Sunday, I'll have my hands full organizing myself for our upcoming Miss Brooklyn events (see the website and earlier blog posts), the cost-free performing arts education template I'm developing, the show I'll be opening the week before Miss NY (and then passing on to my understudy), and Miss NY itself! I'm often asked how I don't go crazy being involved in so many different things, and my answer is always the same. I don't do anything I'm not passionate about, so my love for my activities keeps me going.

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it,"- Henry David Thoreau