Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Expect the Unexpected...



It's been a busy past few weeks, and a definite test of my ability to go with the flow. I FINALLY finished up my finals for this semester (agonizing but well worth it), which was a huge relief. I had planned a holiday party for Saturday 12/19, but as many of you know, Brooklyn (and most of NYC) got an insane snowstorm on Saturday, which kept many of my party guests from attending. A special thanks to the troopers who braved the storm to make it to my party! It was a small group, but I got the chance to reunite with some of my Miss NY sisters, and make cards to be donated to a NY shelter. The cards were a fun and inexpensive way to send a little holiday cheer to a fellow New Yorker who was down on their luck. Many soup kitchens, nursing homes and hospitals will welcome these thoughtful gifts, so go on- host your own holiday card party!

If you're looking for a last minute way to give without breaking the bank this holiday season, please consider the Brooklyn Public Library's Adopt-A- Book program! For as low as $5.99, you can purchase a new book to be put on the shelves of a branch of the Brooklyn Public Library! If you'd like, you can pick out which book you donate, or if you don't have a preference, you can simply make a dontation and the library will purchase a needed selection!

Warmest Holiday Wishes!

Keelie