Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holiday Stocking Project with Services for the Underserved AND Photo Shoot with MoDeZinz

The holiday season is officially upon us! As if this time of year weren't hectic enough, it's also finals time for those of us in school! My schedule has been insane, but in a good way! I've had a lot of really great opportunities in the past few weeks, and though I'm a trifle overwhelmed, I'm certainly grateful!




As I had mentioned in an earlier post, I participated in Services for the Underserved's Holiday Stocking Drive- this year contributing two stockings-one from me, one from my mom (pictured above) for two adults living with developmental disabilities. It's pretty amazing how easy and affordable (my stocking and it's contents totaled $15) it can be to extend a gesture of kindness to a stranger in need.


I traveled upstate to visit my family for Thanksgiving, and while I was there, I had the opportunity to reunite with Monica Dodge, an old friend who has become a gifted photographer in the years since I last saw her. We did a quick shoot, and incorporated some Miss Brooklyn elements (crown, sash and my Miss NY gown). Below are a few of the photos from the shoot! Be sure to check out the rest of her work at www.modezinz.com




 


It was so nice to spend a few days with my mom and sisters on my trip upstate. My family and I have gotten into the tradition of finding a project to volunteer for on the holidays, and it serves as a wonderful reminder of all we have to be thankful for. On Thanksgiving day, my sisters and I, our boyfriends and my mom headed to Schenectady to help out at the City Mission. We joined the assembly line and helped stuff and wrap over 100 care packages, to be distributed to a local apartment complex that houses individuals and families with a variety of special circumstances.





I hope your Thanksgiving was as enjoyable as mine, and I look forward to updating you on some exciting opportunities and events coming up involving arts education!


Best,

Keelie