Monday, March 1, 2010

Wait... WHAT? It's MARCH already?

How did that happen? Where did January and February go? Where was I?! 2010 has been insanely busy, but awesome at the same time. Brace yourself. This is going to be a long one.

FIRST AND FOREMOST- The deadline for Miss Brooklyn 2010 paperwork has been extended, thanks to the overwhelming response we've received from the awesome media coverage of Brokelyn (Living Big on Small Change). See their two recent articles: Ladies, become the next Miss Brooklyn and Miss Brooklyn is a cheapskate too! Plus 2010 pageant deadline extended! Go the the Miss Brooklyn Website to submit an application! And thank you, Brokelyn, for helping us continue to introduce the Miss Brooklyn Organization to our community!

Secondly, CONGRATULATIONS to the new Miss Fulton County 2010, Heather Shaffer, and the new Miss Finger Lakes 2010, Amy Valenti. Both are amazing women who've worked to achieve their goals of becoming titleholders, and I'm thrilled for them both!
 
From L to R, Myself, Heather Shaffer- Miss Fulton County 2010, Lynn Tryon- Miss Mohawk Valley 2009 and Kristina Ferris, Miss Thousand Islands 2010.
 
From L to R- Jen Starkey, 3rd Runner up, Kieren Sheridan (YAY SISTER)- 1st Runner up, Amy Valenti- Miss Finger Lakes 2010, Corri Dartnell- 4th Runner Up, and Chelsea Prophet- 2nd Runner (I hope I got the placements right!)

Yesterday I attended The Queen's Corner- a fundraiser for the Miss Brooklyn Organization. Thanks so much to Amaris Acosta for organizing such a wonderful event!


It's hard to believe that I'm beginning my last month as Miss Brooklyn. I intend to make the most of it! Last week, I joined Todd Adelman at Brooklyn's Block Institute to bake cookies for a Children's Miracle Network Bakesale. THANK YOU, TODD! This Wednesday, I'll return to Block Institute for Read-Across-America Day- a nice close to my year as this same event last March was one of my first appearances as Miss Brooklyn 2009. On Thursday evening, I'll be attending the Women's History Month Celebration of Brooklyn female-authors at Superfine, reuniting with author/ illustrator Melanie Hope Greenberg, who I met at an appearance in October. Check the Brooklyn Heights Blog for more info!