Saturday, April 3, 2010

On the Horizon...

April is off to a good start! My entertainment company, Mind the Art Entertainment, is basking in the success of our sold-out engagement at La Mama! It's amazing to think of how far we've come since we started- what was originally just a handful of friends from acting conservatory sitting around and reading plays has flourished into a thriving entertainment company representing artist from across the arts spectrum, presenting and producing innovative works of art! You can follow our blog for updates and reviews! (Can you tell 
I'm proud??)





Yesterday, I partnered with my phenomenal makeup sponsor, Liana Rodriguez, for my headshot shoot with the ridiculously talented Claire Buffie (who also happens to be Miss Southeast NY 2010). Seriously- this girl is gifted. Check out her website. The proofs are amazing, and I'm having such a hard time narrowing it down- I'll post the final shot on this blog when I've decided!


Next Saturday, I'll be teaming up with NY Cares to visit the Dunlevy Milbank Community Center (associated with the Children's Aid Society) in Central Harlem, where I'll be doing arts, crafts and literacy activities with the kids at the center all morning! FUN!


Later next week, I'll also be doing a promotional photo shoot with the folks at Tough Mudder, about which I'm pretty stoked! Evidently, they don't have a ton of pageant contestants competing in their grueling 7.5 mile endurance race/ obstacle course (for which I'm currently training)... Shocking, right? I'll be running the Tough Mudder on May 2nd (proceeds benefit the Wounded Warrior Project). Check out the course map here. 27 Days, 20 Hours, 30 Minutes...

The following Saturday, I'll be teaming up with NY Cares again for their Art Explorers program in the Columbus Park Pavilion in Chinatown! Aside from my passion for the arts in general, there are few things I'd rather do than sit and make crafts.


On April 22nd, I'll be helping my friends at Brooklyn's Block Institute celebrate Earth Day 2010! I had so much fun at this event last year as Miss Brooklyn 2009 (AND got a free Earth Day T-Shirt- SCORE!), and I'm thrilled to have been invited back as Miss Greater NYC 2010. I'll be joined at this event by Miss Brooklyn 2010, Mallory Hagan.

Additionally, there's the inevitable pile of homework that sits on my desk and stares at me, along with Miss NY prep (workshop is 4/24), and my job as a teaching artist to keep me occupied.

April will be awesome. And busy. But mostly awesome.