Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Thousand Moms


I came across A Thousand Moms while sifting through Pepsi Refresh Grant proposals (for which I will soon be applying- stay tuned), and passed the info on to Claire ("The go to gal for all things gay"- Ma Buff- I wish I could take credit for that quote). Their mission is of incredible importance, and I'd like to share it with you here as well.

A Thousand Moms is an established 501(c)3 non-profit that works to "help our communities in New York State organize, educate, and mobilize in order that we may meet the emotional, developmental, and social needs of youth in our child welfare systems who may be Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, or Questioning their sexual identity so they may reach their full potential." They're currently in the running for a $50,000 grant to help them improve the experience of LGBT kids in the foster care system. So vote. It's free. And quick. And worth it.