Tuesday, June 22, 2010

At MISS NY!!!! A brief update...

I'M AT MISS NY 2010! And I'm so excited. The contestants are some of the coolest people I know, the volunteers are terrific, the SUNY Albany campus is gorgeous and the Albany community has been so welcoming thusfar!

I'll make this brief, since I'm on a public computer in the common room...



Yesterday, we arrived, checked in, had a brief meeting, then were whisked off to the Albany Aqua Ducks Tour! SO FUN! We came back to our apartments to change and then took a trolley to Angelo's 677 Prime for dinner. If you've not been to Angelo's 677 Prime yet, GO. Now. Seriously. The food is amazing! Angelo is an awesome guy, and we're so grateful to have been invited back to his restaurant for this year's Miss NY week! We returned to our apartments to change into pajamas and then met with some board members to discuss what would be expected of the next Miss NY. A tall order, but I can assure you there are PLENTY of girls who are up for it! :)

Claire and I after our delicious steak dinners from Angelo's 677 Prime!

Today, we'll be spending the morning with Habitat for Humanity, then visiting our State Capitol and then spending time with Girls Inc. before beginning rehearsals with the fabulous Kent (choreographer/ producer)! I've learned A LOT from him over the years, and I'm excited to absorb as much as I can in my last year!


If you're interested in supporting the Miss NY Organization in an affordable but significant way, please consider voting for me (or anyone, really) in the Favorite Contestant Competition! It's $1/ vote, it's EASY, and it's a great way to show your love for the organization and the contestants!!! Vote as many times as you'd like for as many girls as you'd like from now until Saturday at 12p!

Lastly, I'll leave you with a little media coverage! Thank you to WRGB CBS 6 Albany for their coverage of the contestants last night!